Happy happy heart day loves! I like to think of today as the day to be a little more kind to ourselves and others. It’s not just a day to celebrate with a romantic lover, because that isn’t the only person we should be extending love to on this beautiful holiday. I’m so happy to see more things like gal-entine’s day & pal-entine’s day being embraced and gaining popularity! I would like to add to that self-love-entine’s day ;) A day to treat ourselves with all the love and care we deserve because you can’t pour from an empty cup, you feel me? As one who spends quite a bit of time being a care giver, I can’t stress this enough. Whether you’re a mother, father, college student, care for an elderly parent or disabled spouse…we all need to make sure our cup is full so we can spread the love!
Here are a few of my favorite ways to practice self-love or self-care:
1. Take time to rest, relax and recharge.
2. Make a list of all the things you love about yourself right now.
3. Get out in nature and take in all the beauty around you, don’t forget to look up and express gratitude.
4. Buy yourself fresh flowers and place in a spot you pass by often.
5. Treat yourself to a bath, massage, manicure anything that will focus attention on caring for you.
6. Shut off your cellphone for a few hours and meditate or read a book, no emails or social media allowed.
7. Take yourself on a date & try something new like a cooking class, a dance class, yoga or painting.
8. Find a good way to blow off some steam, exercise, turn up the music and sing as loud as you can, dance like no one’s watching.
9. Hang out with a friend, think of someone who brings positivity into your life and spend some time with them in person or on the phone.
10. Let go of things that no longer serve you, unhealthy food, habits, perfection, toxic people….stuff you’ve been hanging on to but no longer need.
These are just a few things, but you get the picture, focus on you and what will fill you back up so you can give more of yourself to others <3
I created this fun chocolate crepe cake which is small enough to celebrate this lovely day with yourself or with someone you love. I created it using products from one of my favorite places to shop —-> Vitacost They have so many paleo friendly goodies I love to stock my pantry with! If you don’t already know by now, I am obsessed with vitacost.com. They also have lots of goodies to shop for that aren’t pantry items like THIS or THIS, things you could use to pamper yourself with! Wishing you all the best day ever, no matter how you chose to spend it!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Vitacost. Thank you for supporting the companies that make Paleo Paparazzi possible! I only work with companies I’m passionate about & align with the mission of Paleo Paparazzi. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.